Mallow Youth Diversion Project and Feabhas Cobh Youth Diversion Project
CDYS work in partnership with An Garda Siochana through the provision of Youth Diversion projects.These projects aim to engage with young people who are coming to the attention of An Garda Siochana. We provide a tailored, bespoke, challenging and ultimately positive support for the young people and their families. These projects are run in co-ordination with An Garda Siochana and the Irish Youth Justice Service.
Participation in this project is on a referral basis. We run regular groups and one to one work where activities are formulated around a young persons needs.
The Project aims to:
- Facilitate activities and programmes that support participant’s personal development.
- Encourage participant’s personal, community and social responsibility.
- Improve long term employment prospects.
- Provide prevention based programmes.
- Where offending behaviour has occurred provide intervention programmes.
- Support and facilitate a positive relationship between participants and An Garda Siochana.
Mallow Youth Diversion Project
John – 086 6096875
Emma – 087 9274770
Feabhas Cobh Youth Diversion Project
Jimmy – 086 4179332
Niamh – 087 9266977