The Award was created to commemorate the late Pope John Paul II who was so committed to young people and who had such belief and confidence in them.
Through the Pope John Paul II Award, young people will be enabled to take an active part in the life of their Church, in the life of their community and society and also become more aware of the teaching and role of the Catholic Church in the world. This will enable young people to engage at a deep level with Christ, whose body the Church is.
The Award is for:
- Students in 4th Year in Republic of Ireland
- Students in full-time education who have completed Junior Certificate
- Students in Transition Year
- Anyone between the age of 16 and 18, not in post-primary education
- The award is non-competitive, flexible and voluntary and requires an ongoing commitment