‘This Project is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Union’
CDYS work in partnership with An Garda Siochana through the provision of Youth Diversion projects.These projects aim to engage with young people who are coming to the attention of An Garda Siochana. We provide a tailored, bespoke, challenging and ultimately positive support for the young people and their families. These projects are run in co-ordination with An Garda Siochana and the Irish Youth Justice Service.
Participation in this project is on a referral basis. We run regular groups and one to one work where activities are formulated around a young persons needs.
The Project aims to:
- Facilitate activities and programmes that support participant’s personal development.
- Encourage participant’s personal, community and social responsibility.
- Improve long term employment prospects.
- Provide prevention based programmes.
- Where offending behaviour has occurred provide intervention programmes.
- Support and facilitate a positive relationship between participants and An Garda Siochana.
CDYS currently have Mobile Youth Diversion Projects in Charleville, Mitchelstown, Midleton and Fermoy.
Charleville / Mitchelstown
Dan – 086 7031483
Sinead – 086 7031482
Midleton / Fermoy
Garry – 086 7031484
Brian – 086 7031485