The Community Drugs Initiative is a Community based drugs initiative that engages with and supports individuals and families around issues to do with Drugs and Alcohol addiction. We also provide advise and support to Communities in raising awareness and practical support to people in need.
Aim of the Project
- To work primarily with people aged 12 and up in the Mallow, Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Macroom and Surrounding area who are at high risk of experimenting with alcohol and drugs.
- To work with people who are currently misusing alcohol and drugs.
- To work with people to support their recovery from drugs and alcohol.
- To support families to cope with their loved ones drug and alcohol use problems.
- To support people in making positive changes to their alcohol and drug use.
- Assess clients needs and make appropriate referrals.
Mallow & Mitchelstown Community Drugs Worker –
Nicola Whelan 086 3836414
Fermoy Community Drugs Worker –
Kasia Stubba 086 6096874
Macroom Community Drugs Worker –
Kevin Raferty 086 8031109