The Community Drugs Initiative is a project that engages with and supports individuals and families around issues to do with Drugs and Alcohol addiction. We also provide advise and support to Communities in raising awareness and practical support to people in need.
Aim of the Project
- To work primarily with people aged 12 and up in the Mallow, Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Macroom and Surrounding area who are at high risk of experimenting with alcohol and drugs.
- To work with people who are currently misusing alcohol and drugs.
- To work with people to support their recovery from drugs and alcohol.
- To support families to cope with their loved ones drug and alcohol use problems.
- To support people in making positive changes to their alcohol and drug use.
- Assess clients needs and make appropriate referrals.