Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services works to empower young people, Families and Communities through quality Youth services in a safe and supporting community. CDYS offer these services regardless of social, economic or religious background. We respects the ambition of youth and encourage and nurture them to help reach their full potential. We provide a forum for them to express themselves and to be heard.
We have a voluntary led Board of Directors and our professionally qualified staff are committed to offering quality Support & Services to all. We work in partnership with outside agencies such as Tusla.
What Services do Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services offer?
Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services have a number of locations throughout the Cloyne Diocesan. We have bases in Mallow, Midleton, Macroom, Charleville, Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Cobh & Carrigtwohill.
Cloyne is located in the Northern & Eastern parts of County Cork. CDYS offer a wide variety of Services and Support to young people, Families and communities.
Some of the services, supports, Programmes and Projects we offer are :-
- SPY Projects Based in Mallow, Midleton, Fermoy & Mitchelstown
- Community Based Drugs Initiative Based in Mallow, Fermoy, Mitchelstown & Macroom
- GYDP (Garda Youth Diversion Project) Based in Mallow, Cobh, Charleville, Midleton & Fermoy
- Youth Ministry Based in Mallow
- Detached Youth Work Based in Carrigtwohill & Macroom
- Therapeutic Services Based in Mallow, Midleton and Mitchelstown
- CCA (Creative Community Alternative) Based in Mallow but covering the Cloyne Region
- Prevention Partnership & Family Support & Meitheal Project Covering the Cloyne Region
- Youth Clubs Various Locations throughout the Diocesan
- LTI (Local Training Initiatives) Based in Mallow, Midleton & Macroom
- Community Development & Arts Project Based in Macroom
- Erasmus+ Find out how CDYS are involved
- Youth Council CDYS have a number of Youth Councils throughout the Diocesan
If you would like further information on the projects and services Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services offer please contact our Regional Office – Mallow Youth & Community Centre, New Road, Mallow, Co. Cork. 022 53526.
Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services nurture and encourage young people & families, to reach their full potential, in a safe and supportive community.
CDYS respects the dignity of young people, regardless of social, economic or religious background. The Service works to empower young people, by providing a forum, through which they can be heard.
CDYS respects the ambition of youth.
Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services History
CDYS came into being following a loose affiliation of youth clubs in the dioceses of Cloyne from 1962.
When the National Federation of Youth Clubs (now known as Youth Work Ireland) was established in 1973 with a new constitution, CDYS was firmly on the map and active at a national level.
February 1988, saw yet another change as the National Federation of Youth Clubs ceased to exist and was replaced by Youth Work Ireland.
Since our establishment as a limited company in 2005, CDYS Youth Work Ireland has continued to grow and develop significantly in the provision of youth and community services in county Cork.
East Cork Brochure
Fermoy & Mitchelstown Brochure
Macroom/West Cork Brochure
North Cork Brochure